About the Program
You could be eligible for a scholarship if you are going to attend a publicly funded Canadian college, university or approved apprenticeship-training program. We offer scholarships for students who are just graduating from high school or are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or are returning to school after a break to complete an undergraduate program.
We have special scholarships that are awarded to people who have shown exceptional leadership in their school and community, or who have taken an active role in mentoring young people or have demonstrated a commitment to social justice.
Scholarships are $5000 distributed over four years.
Download a PDF flyer for this year’s scholarship.
Eligibility: Who May Apply?
To be eligible for a Diversity Scholarship, applicants must:
- live in a COCHF member co-op
- plan to attend a recognized, publicly funded, Canadian post-secondary education
institution – community college, university, or approved apprenticeship-training
program – on a full-time basis in the 2023/2024 academic year
- have used their knowledge and understanding of diversity to make a positive
contribution to their school and/or local community
- have demonstrated a financial need
- agree to have their photograph taken if they are interviewed
- agree to participate in COCHF functions if attendance is requested
The application submission deadline for the 2023/2024 Diversity Scholarship is Friday, June 30th, 2023 at 4:00 pm.