Permanent Full Time Co-op Housing Manager
Carpenters Local 27 Housing Co-operative is a ten story high rise building with 119 units, located in central Newmarket, ON.
Position: Housing Manager
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary: Competitive salary offered, based on experience and qualifications.
Health benefits package, employer RRSP contributions and 3 weeks paid vacation (after 6 month probation period).
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week which include some evening and week-end hours as required, and can be scheduled at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
The Housing Manager is responsible for the overall management and administration of the co-op, in accordance with the standards, and under the supervision and direction of the Board of Directors. Together with the Board of Directors, and the auditor, the Housing Manager provides administrative and other services which will ensure the financial, educational and political integrity of Carpenters Local 27 Housing Cooperative.
- Maintain corporate records of the co-op as required by the Co-operative Corporations Act of Ontario (the Act) and the Housing Services Act.
- File reports and notices with government agencies as required.
- Administer the co-op By-laws and procedures.
- Act as the agent of the co-op in legal proceedings.
- Liaise with the co-op lawyer as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies as approved by the Board and the membership.
- Prepare agendas for Board and Member’s Meetings with consultation with the Board, as required.
- Issue all notices of meetings as per the Board of Directors.
- Attend Board meetings, member’s meetings and committee meetings and make reports as required.
- Be knowledgeable of all current developments affecting members of the co-op and the community at large.
- Represent the co-op to the general public as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Administer personnel matters of any staff and consultants hired by the co-op.
- Negotiate and execute contracts on the co-op’s behalf as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Undertake other corporate responsibilities as required.
Office Administration Responsibilities:
- Keep open office hours as scheduled by the Board
- Purchase office supplies, equipment and furnishing as required and approved by the Board.
- Develop and maintain cost efficient and adequate office/clerical procedures.
- Establish and support committees for the co-op (ie. education, newsletter, etc.).
- Establish internal and external communications.
- Handle all internal and external inquiries.
- Receive all incoming and post all outgoing mail.
- Provide reasonable access to records by members while protecting security of records and confidentiality of information as required.
- Ensure that all by-laws, policies, procedures, agendas, reports, and minutes are properly maintained and are available to members.
- Administer the personnel policies of the co-op.
- Recruit and co-ordinate volunteers.
- Manage support services i.e., Administrative Staff, Cleaner, and Maintenance staff.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements are prepared for Board approval.
- Ensure that an annual budget and audit are prepared for Board approval.
- Act as the purchasing agent for the co-op as directed by the Board.
- Keep all transaction records including paid and due invoices, cheque records, and bank deposit records.
- Invoice and collect annual membership fees, registration fees, and any other services provided to the membership.
- Prepare all bank deposits.
- Process all invoices and write cheques.
- Prepare and submit all computer input, including cheque requisitions to bookkeeper for posting.
- Administer petty cash.
- Monitor investments as required.
- Administer the arrears policy with respect to delinquent accounts and submit arrears reports to the Board as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual co-op budget in consultation with the Treasurer, Board, Committees, and accountant as required.
- Advise on control of cash, bank accounts, and signing authorities ensuring that all appropriate banking and spending comply with the Spending By-law of the Co-op.
- Maintain the security of all membership financial records in keeping with all applicable legislation and co-op policies.
- Prepare grant applications and funding proposals as required.
Member and Sector Responsibilities:
- Through regular consultation and communication ensure that the Co-op’s partnership with CHFT, CHFC and the larger co-op sector remains strong.
- Research, plan and assist in the initiation of new services for members, as directed by the Board.
- Represent the co-op members to local government, and Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation as per the direction of the Board.
- Be knowledgeable of the different co-op programs (both federal and municipal).
- Be knowledgeable of co-op legal framework and overall co-op management.
- Maintain a Resource Library of co-op information for the co-op members and assist in the acquisition and evaluation of materials for the library.
- Assist the Board in establishing objectives, goals, by-laws, management procedures and other basic controls required for the effective management and operations of the co-op.
- Co-ordinate the work of volunteers as required.
- Maintain attendance lists at members meetings.
- Advise and provide administrative assistance to committees, as required.
- Perform other duties as mutually agreed upon from time to time.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in co-op housing management.
- Proficiency in NewViews 2 Accounting, HMWorx and Microsoft Office required.
- Good communication skills, pleasant manner and able to work in a very cultural and financial diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to perform RGI calculations as required by the Housing Services Act (HSA).
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Personnel Committee at [email protected] no later than February 18th, 2022.
While we appreciate all interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, postage mail, couriers or drop-ins please.
Carpenters Local 27 Housing Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.