We have a position available to join two organizations to tend to every day maintenance and upkeep at two townhouse complexes. The position calls for two (2) work days in Guelph and two (2) work days in Arthur, making a 4-day work week from Tuesday to Friday with occasional on call requirements. A normal work day is generally 9:00am to 4:00pm unless a special project is being completed. This is a perfect position for someone who is wanting to work a shorter week.
If you have demonstrated experience with the following, we want to hear from you.
- Secondary school diploma (trade certificates an asset)
- 5 years proven experience in minor low voltage electrical, minor plumbing, carpentry and painting, general repair work, janitorial practices, in an apartment building and Townhouse setting
- Mechanical knowledge
- General maintenance – jack of all trades
- General cleaning and completing unit turnover repairs
- Knowledge of Fire safety systems, W.H.M.I.S., health and safety procedures
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act an asset.
- Complete work orders and assist with capital projects
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to work at heights is required (training provided)
- Ability to prioritize work
- Able to read and write in fluent English and complete work orders, reports, etc.
- Successful completion of Criminal Reference Check
- Good people and communication skills dealing with a diverse group of people
- Must have own tools and vehicle/valid driver’s license
Please provide your resume via email to email@example.com no later than September 21, 2020.
A job description is available upon request.