Employment Opportunity – General Manager, Clarion Co-operative Homes
Clarion Co-operative Homes is currently recruiting for the permanent Full-time position of General Manager/Property Manager for our 69 unit co-operative townhouse complex in Cambridge. Reporting to the co-op’s board, the General Manager/Property Manager is responsible for the overall management of the co-operative.
- Managing the co-op’s finances
- Supervising staff and volunteers
- Meeting the co-op’s legal requirements
- Keeping the co-op full and in good repair
- Supporting good governance
- Administration of the co-op office
- A minimum of three to five years of recent experience in co-op management or property management (knowledge of Co-operative housing or social housing is a key asset)
- Familiar with computer programs in common use such as: Windows, MS Office, New Views Accounting, Sage/Simply Accounting, Outlook (knowledge of HM Worx is an asset)
- Competency in office, finance and corporate-related management is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of all relevant legislation and local Service Manager rules (HSA, Co-op Act etc.)
- Strong financial skills including experience with rent-geared-to-income administration
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Experience in the areas of community development and volunteer management
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, communication skills, organization, implementation and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, budget administration, strategic planning skills, contract negotiation experience and other related management skills.
- must possess a valid driver’s license and have the use of a vehicle
Please apply no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 29, 2020, with resume and cover letter to:
Mail: Hiring Committee
57-50 Morning Calm Drive
Cambridge, ON N1R 8G2
Fax: (519) 740-9303
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clarion Co-op is an equal opportunity employer.
ax: (519) 740-9303
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Clarion Co-op is an equal opportunity employer