This event has ended
October 26, 2019
This event is one of two education days held each year for housing co-operatives, with the goal to further co-op housing education in areas of governance, management, financial oversight and community development. The event provides a great networking opportunity for co-op housing members and enables conference attendees to share tools, best practices, and information on important co-op issues.
COCHF BUDGET MEETING
The main agenda item for this meeting will be to approve the COCHF Operating Budget and Member Dues for 2020. The final meeting agenda, proposed 2020 Budget, and other meeting documents will be sent to COCHF members by mail in 2nd week of October 2019. Use the Conference Registration Form to RSVP for this meeting.
Click here for the registration form.
2019 FALL EDUCATION WORKSHOP LINE-UP:
- Engaging Members in Housing Co-ops (Carine Nind & Mary Wright)
- How Co-ops Can Engage Municipal Councillors (Scott Stager-Piatkowski)
- Drug Prevention & Harm Reduction (Alice Maguire, Sanguen Health Centre https://sanguen.com)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals & Co-ops (Cynthia Mitchell, CHF Canada https://chfcanada.coop)
- Agency Reports: Tools for Federal Co-ops (David Nagy & Heather Kennedy, The Agency for Co-operative Housing https://www.agency.coop)
- Hoarding & Community Resources (Emily Gibson, Wellington Guelph Hoarding Resource https://wghoardingresponse.ca/)
- Avoiding the Mistakes of Poor Leadership & Management (Deborah Filice, IHM Canada https://ihmcanada.net/ABOUT/index.php)