This event has ended
April 6, 2019
This event is one of two education days held each year for housing co-operatives, with the goal to further co-op housing education in areas of governance, management, financial oversight and community development. The event provides a great networking opportunity for co-op housing members and enables conference attendees to share tools, best practices, and information on important co-op issues.
Call for COCHF Board Nominations
Co-ops that are nominating someone for the COCHF board must submit a completed nomination form to the federation by Thursday April 4th 2019. Nominees will be invited to speak for a few minutes about why they would like to be on the COCHF board at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
Click here for the board nomination form & 2019 Annual Meeting notice.
2019 Spring Education Workshop Line-Up:
- Anti-Smoking/Cannabis Legislations – How Co-ops Can Prepare (Safia J. Lakhani, Iler Campbell)
- Long-term financial planning for co-op communities (David Howard & Ofelia Guanlao, CHF Canada)
- Communication in Action Workshop is geared towards co-op youth. (Carol Fleming, Ontario Co-op Association)
- Thinking of Running for Your Co-op’s Board of Directors? (Petr Bakus, COCHF workshop instructor)
- The Whole Meeting Package: Planning, Chairing and Minutes (Mary Ann Hannant, CHFT)
- Federation: Where are we now, Where are we going? This will be a member consultation to help develop questions for a COCHF member needs/wants survey.
- Delivering the Message Effectively Full-day session is geared to co-op staff only. (Deborah Filice, IHM Canada)