Cole Road Co-operative Community is recruiting to fill a full-time (34 hours per week) position as Coordinator in Guelph ON.
The Coordinator is the principal resource person to the Board of Directors and responsible for carrying out its vision and direction with respect to the operation of the Co-operative. The Coordinator works with the Board, the Financial Administrator, committees, and other volunteers, to develop and maintain systems with shared responsibility and foster democratic governance of the Co-operative.
The Coordinator is accountable to the Co-operative’s membership through the elected Board of Directors.
The areas of general responsibility are:
- Community development
- General administration
- Property management
- Staff and Maintenance Contractor management
The successful applicant will:
- Have a working knowledge of the Co-operative Housing sector and promoting Cooperative Principles within the community
- Have knowledge of Non-profit Property Management and a willingness to enhance knowledge through courses offered at Community Colleges
- Be knowledgeable about Maintenance and able to supervise maintenance contractors to ensure a high quality of work and follow up with members for feedback on jobs completed
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with diverse populations, as well as excellent written communication skills and experience writing grant
- Be interested in community building, and encouraging members to volunteer in their community, while also maintaining their unit and property and being respectful neighbours
- Have strong conflict management skills, and be able to problem solve issues with empathy, professionalism, and well-maintained boundaries
- Possess excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate, ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner and files
are maintained and updated regularly
- Be tech savvy, comfortable using Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Google Drive, and able to easily learn to use new technology as needed, such as our accounting and property management
software called NewViews
- Network with other stakeholders, such as other Housing Co-operatives, the County of Wellington, and Consultants, to make informed decisions and brainstorm ideas
- Have post-secondary education in a related field and 5 years of experience, or equivalent
Some travel and evening work will be required. A competitive compensation package is offered.
If interested, please email your resume to the Cole Road Co-operative Board of Directors by May 3, 2021. Email: email@example.com