Clarion Co-operative Homes is in search of a highly motivated and organized individual to assist the General Manager in the administration of our 69 unit co-operative townhouse complex.
HOUSING CO-OPERATIVE OFFICE MANAGER
Bread and Roses Co-operative Homes is seeking to fill the full-time, permanent position of Office Manager of a 66-unit housing co-op in Kitchener, Ontario.
Reporting to the co-op’s Board of Directors, the Manager’s job is to oversee and be accountable for the management of the co-op’s operations.
Duties will include:
- managing the co-op’s finances
- coordinating and implementing an overall property maintenance and repair program
- ensuring that the co-op meets its legal obligations
- implementing a strategy to maintain full occupancy of the co-op
- supporting good governance in the co-op by the Board and membership
- efficient administration of the co-op’s office, and liaising with co-op contractors
- other relevant operational duties as assigned by the Board
The successful applicant will be:
- financially literate, with strong property-management skills
- an efficient administrator and effective supervisor of other staff
- familiar with computer programs in common use in an office environment
- a good communicator – both orally and in writing
- able to work effectively within a co-operative management and governance structure, and relate to a diverse co-op community
- a self-starter, with an ability to work with limited direct supervision
- ideally, knowledgeable about the Agency for Co-operative Housing and the laws that apply to housing co-ops
- ideally, experienced with Rent Geared to Income (RGI) program administration
Some evening work is required. The expected start date is between mid-August and Labour Day. A competitive compensation package is offered.
If interested, please apply in writing, by 5:00 p.m. on 23 July 2021, to:
The Hiring Committee
Bread and Roses Co-operative Homes
307 Queen Street S.
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for an interview.